Bad day

I feel like ranting.

I won’t though, because when I do I tend to say things I regret later. Or maybe not so much regret, but feel like there wasn’t really a need to offend, or upset. So a blog is not the best place to rant, as it will be recorded forever. *

What will I not be ranting about? Families. More specifically, co-workers who have families. There’s nothing wrong with having a family. There is, however, something very wrong with expecting different treatment because of it. Or phrased differently, expecting me to do all the work-related stuff that is not convenient for you, just because I happen to be single. Like attending talks and dinners at night. I don’t have anyone waiting for me at home, so what else could I possibly want to do with my evenings?

I also will not be ranting about all the stupid companies and institutions that make supposedly simple stuff like informing them you are moving unnecessarily complicated and time-consuming. Or the people working for said stupid companies and institutions that know even less about their workplace than what I learned reading their websites.

What’s more, no one will hear me say anything bad about the thermos I now have to drink coffee out of, instead of keeping the pot warm on the burner. I will not insult the person who took forever to ask me a very simple question, I will not complain about the weather, the hole in the pavement, or what happened to me walking home from work. Lastly, I will not say anything mean about the one person who deserves it most.

I will not. But I want to…really bad.

Yes, it’s been one of those days.


* Or for as long as it takes me to click on the edit button.

Comments