Why TV series on DVD rock

I like watching TV. I especially enjoy good series. One of my favourite things to do is to get the latest season of one of my fave shows on DVD and watch the entire 22-episode season in one go. Ok I am lying; I usually need two nights, or a weekend.

Yes, I love DVD marathons. In the past I tried to do this with movies, but that was actually quite hard. Have you ever attempted to watch more than two movies in a row? If you have, you know what I am talking about. It is impossible. And no, it’s not about the amount of time you sit in front of the television. That part is easy. I think it has something to do with the amount of information you have to retain, all the story lines you have to remember.


This isn’t so much the case when you’re watching multiple episodes of the same show. There’s just more of the same thing, hence, you can keep watching (and still follow what’s happening) for much longer.

My love for TV series on DVD has grown much bigger than my love for movies. I’m not quite addicted yet, but I am starting to get quite an impressive collection. Because yes, of course I also want to own all the DVD boxes of the series I like.


Some of the series I own include Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Six feet under, Battlestar Galactica, Angel, Alias, Twin Peaks, Grey’s Anatomy, Lost, Supernatural, Party of Five, the L word, Firefly, This Life, and my latest find Heroes.

Who needs a life when there is all this DVD goodness?

Comments

ellen said…
ahaha i understand you very well, as soon as i got my twin peaks box set, i spent days watching it!
and that's the same for anime and cartoon....
i saw all cowboy beebop episodes in a week: it has been great!
Unknown said…
my, we seem to share many interests...i, too, am becoming more and more favourable towards DVD box sets...you've listed many of my own favourites...i am SO enjoying reading all your blogs starting January! lol
Natazzz said…
Wow Wicked, it looks like you had a little too much time on your hands ;-)