Homesick

Never thought I would say this, but I’m homesick. It’s been two weeks since I left Germany and I miss it. I miss living in Germany and everything about it.

I miss the people, my workplace, my friends, the hills, my apartment, the weather, the food, the beautiful surroundings, the rudeness, the strictness, the rules, the environment-saving obsessions, and the always being on time. Hell, I even miss hearing the language.

This is so weird to me, because I never get homesick. Ever. I did not even get homesick when I left the Netherlands for Germany. All the time I was in Germany I complained, or at least I could name lots of things that were wrong with the place, and now I miss it? What on earth is wrong with me?

I don’t want to be homesick.




Who misses this? I mean, really.

Sigh.

Comments