Animal lover

I know I am not going to make myself very popular by admitting this, but I am not a big animal lover. Sure, I like animals alright-they can be fun and cute and all those things. Yet, to be honest, I do not really care about them one way or the other.

We went to the zoo the other day and I enjoyed it. It was fun watching all the animals. They were fun to watch and they also made me hungry.

Yes, I really did just say that the animals in the zoo made me hungry. Well, the fish did anyway. Those fish in the big aquarium looked a lot yummier than the ones I see at the fish market.



Now before you judge me, let me just tell you that apparently the people at the zoo feel the same way about their fish. They had this big sign that said that fish were not only fun to watch, but also really great to eat. Seriously. The sign even showed a picture of some fish sticks (like that qualifies as fish! It is the same as talking about chicken nuggets when discussing chicken).

Where am I going with this? Oh yeah, so I like eating fish or any kind of meat for that matter. I love vegetarian food too, I have just never been very compelled to give up meat, for the simple reason that I honesty do not care about eating animals.

I also do not mind vegetarians or vegans. To each their own. Just do not try to “convert” me while I am trying to enjoy a nice Bambi steak. That’s mean, or just plain annoying.

Maybe I don’t care about eating animals because I do not have any pets. Actually, I think it is more likely I do not have any pets because I don’t really care about animals.

Cats-just like kids-are only fun when they are someone else’s. You can pat them and play with them, then when they start to bore you, you get to leave. You get to go home to your hair-free apartment. Don’t even get me started on dogs.

We finally caught our little house mouse yesterday. We heard it making a lot of noise, then when we finally saw where it was hiding it had died. I was very happy we were finally mouse free, and was eager to throw it out. Apparently, that made me very cold and uncaring. Seriously?

Comments

Vale said…
no it didn't. i'm the same way, but i've never been defined as cold or uncaring....animals are just not my thing. and i really enjoy eating them. horses, pigs, chickens, rabbit, lambs, you name it, i eat it. so, uhm, you're not weird. unless you consider *me* weird, in which case then we're both weird. which is fine with me....