If the suit does not fit…

I have a job interview next week. The kind of job interview where one is expected to show up nicely dressed, i.e. wearing a suit. I have been on many interviews before, and thus, own one of those nice suits suitable for those kind of occasions (as well as weddings and other formal celebrations).

This btw, is an interview for a job I was invited to even though (or because) I checked the gay box of the orientation question in the application package.

Anyways, I tried on my nice suit this morning, and to my surprise-and horror-it does not fit me anymore. Admittedly, the last time I wore it I already had to refrain from breathing just so the pants would not burst open, but still I honestly did not think I had gained weight again.

Now what am I going to do? As far as I can see, I have two options. I can either starve myself all week, and hopefully lose enough weight to be able to fit into those pants again, or go out and by a new suit.

If you knew me, you would know the former is not really a realistic option. If I could just not eat for a week, I would still be able to fit into my suit pants. Then again, it is not as if I can afford to just buy a new suit. Unless they hire me of course. Hmm.

A third option would be to wear something else. However, all the interviews I have attended so far, everyone showed up in a suit. So not wearing a suit is really not an option.

What am I going to do?

Comments