Variety is the spice of life

Some people have a very specific type of person that they tend to fall for. You can easily pick their type by looking at a crowd of people and pointing someone out to them. I have never quite understood that.
How can you only fall for someone of a specific physical appearance? Or how is it possible to rule out so many people? It always amazes me when people make claims like they do not like blondes. I could never not fancy someone just because of something as insignificant as their hair colour.



I have always had a very broad taste in women. Or perhaps it did not start out that way, but these days the women I find physically attractive are very diverse. I cannot really say I have a type. And why should I? There are so many amazing women out there, why should I limit myself?

The one thing that puzzles me the most is that when it comes to gay women, some tend to think in very strict butch and femme terms. This usually does not only apply to how they identify, but they also seem to divide the rest of us in either camp. This implies identifying with one camp and fancying the other.

Just as I have never identified that strongly with either label, I have also never only liked women who are very feminine or who are very butch or androgynous looking. I guess when I think about it, I find both types of women equally attractive.
It is fine with me if you have a specific type you go for, but for me personally, I have always felt that variety is the spice of life.

Comments