Only women make me cry

The other day I was thinking about one of my past relationships. If you learn one thing from each relationship you have, I would say that from this particular relationship I learned how to cry.

Let’s get one thing straight right away: I am not a crier. In general, I am not a very emotional or sensitive person, and there are very few things that make me cry. Or at least, there used to be very few things that made me cry. But this one girlfriend changed all that. No one has ever made me cry the way she did.

Don’t get me wrong, she wasn’t a horrible person and our relationship was not all that bad either. It was more the combination of being crazy in love with someone who was not ready to be in a relationship. Or more precisely, someone who had not fully come out yet, not to herself or to the world.

I will not bore you with the details, but let’s just say I never felt so strongly about someone, and never did I get my feelings hurt more deeply or more often.

There was a lot of crying involved in the time we were together. Most of the crying was done by me.
I guess it is good that I found out about my Achilles heal. I am just not sure if it is such a good thing that only women make me cry. Ok not just women. Women and slamming my hand between the door or walking full force into a table. Yes, I am a crier and a clutch.

Comments

walking.wounded said…
for a second there, i was about to cry because of the stuff you wrote :( it gets better though
Unknown said…
OMG....quote: "Don’t get me wrong, she wasn’t a horrible person and our relationship was not all that bad either. It was more the combination of being crazy in love with someone who was not ready to be in a relationship. Or more precisely, someone who had not fully come out yet, not to herself or to the world."

....this is exactly the relationship i was in...and am in again...same person...don't ask me how i managed that....but she's still not ready to out herself to the world but i think my 'crazy love' feeling for her has passed now yet hers for me is still there...i'm feeling trapped and stupid for having resumed our relationship, thinking that we could remain friends which was the goal but isn't quite like that now...i want out, she wants in...holy sh*t.

btw...i'm 48...she's your age...*smile with a twinkle*