Razor: BSG geekyness

I finally watched Razor last night, the Battlestar Galactica TV movie that aired in the United States some time ago. I have to say, that even though I really enjoyed it, I also found it a little disappointing.

Don’t get me wrong, I love anything BSG related, they cannot do any wrong. I thought the idea of a background story to events that happened in Season II was great. As usual, there was some great action, and of course, Starbuck was her usual awesome self, not to mention very very hot.

Still, I had expected a little more from Razor. This is probably because of everything I heard and read about it beforehand. I had high expectations for this film, and these expectations could not be met.

For example, I thought I was going to understand better what made admiral Cain do those horrible things she did on Pegasus. Even though we are told more about what let up to the events, I was still not convinced it explained, or more importantly, justified her behaviour.

I still think of her as a cold-hearted bitch. The only time we see a softer side of her is when she is with Gina-but as soon as she finds out she is a Cylon she treats her former lover in such a horrible way, I cannot even start to comprehend.

I guess my second disappointment was they spent so little time on the Cain-Gina relationship. I would have liked to have seen that explored a little more. We finally get some gay characters on BSG, and this is all they give us.

Overall though, I did think it was a really good movie. If you love BSG, hell even if you just love sci-fi, or hot women like Katee Sackhoff, you are going to enjoy Razor.

Comments