The fox and the hound

The one cartoon I really love, and one of the very few that has ever managed to make me cry, is the fox and the hound.

It tells the story of a fox and a hound who are the best of friends when they are little, but they grow up to become worst enemies.

I have not seen the cartoon in years, but the scene in which the hound is made to hunt the fox still haunts me. Or when the fox is no longer allowed to live at the house and is let lose into the forest.

I just watched this trailer of the movie. They could not have made it any sadder or more dramatic. And guess what? I wept.

What is wrong with me? I have to stop blogging about things that make me cry. No one is going to believe me now when I say I am not a crier. Oh well.
Apart from being very sad, the cartoon also tells a great story about friendship. It had a huge impact on me when I was little. If I were asked to pick my friendship movie, I could go for something like Thelma and Louis or Stand by me, but no, I would pick the fox and the hound.

If you do not know what I am talking about, do check it out. You won’t regret it, I promise.

Comments