Music Memory Moment: It’s my life-Dr. Alban

It was the summer of 1992. I was 15 and on holiday without my parents for the very first time. This was a time before…well, before a lot of things, but also before strict liquor laws.

I was young and innocent, and I was camping at the seaside with two friends who were equally young and innocent. Ok that is not completely true; I was probably the most innocent one, believe it or not.

Anyway, one night we went to the local club. I had been to a few pubs before, but this was my first time in a club. Ever. I was not sure what to do or how to act. To be honest, I found it all very scary.
I clearly remember one of the songs that was playing that night, It’s my life by Dr. Alban. I was too young to have developed any good taste yet, and I think I actually liked that crappy song.

One of my friends and I had a lengthy discussion about what we were going to drink. I think we finally settled on rum and coke. She made me order it. We then spend the rest of the night sipping our one and only rum and coke.

I feel old.

Comments