My friends are awesome

I spent most of the weekend with some of my best friends. We went out, had dinner, did a few birthday parties, and ended up in some pub we had not been to since we were in college. It had not changed much: same style, same music, same drinks, same people.

The only thing that had changed was that we had gotten older. Somehow hanging out with twenty year olds is less fun once you are in your thirties. We had a great time though. We laughed, we cried, and we drank way too much.

I am still recuperating. That is saying something, because those of you who know me a little bit, know I like a drink. Not only do I like it, I also think I have a scary good tolerance for alcohol.

Anyways, I had such fun this weekend and I realized again what I often forget, or take for granted: My friends are awesome! Seriously, they are. I do not know what I would do without them.

I was so reluctant to move back to the Netherlands at first, but now I realize how nice it is to be able to hang out with good friends-friends who have known me for years and years-whenever I feel like it.

I’m lucky. Very lucky.

Comments