Retro TV: Beverly Hills 90210

I used to love watching Beverly Hills 90210, just like every other teenager in the late eighties. It was the coolest show around, and not quite like any other I had seen before.

Back then, there really weren’t that many high school drama series, not like there are now. This was at a time before Gossip Girls, the OC, Dawson’s Creek and Veronica Mars. It was all new and exciting. All the girls were cool and all the boys were hot.


At least, that is what most of my girl friends thought. And to be honest, I did have a little crush on Dylan McKay. I thought he was the coolest boy I had ever seen.

Looking back on it now though, I think who I really had a crush on was Emily Valentine. Remember her? She played Brandon’s crazy girl friend. If I recall correctly, I think she even tried to set someone’s house on fire.

Back then I thought she had such a great look. I wanted her clothes, and her hair, and her style and her attitude. Only later it dawned on me that what I really wanted was her.

Comments