I don't get it: Arrested Development, the Office, and Lovespring International

I like to think I have a good sense of humour. I enjoy a lot of funny things, I laugh a lot, and I have even been known to be quite funny-if not very dry and sarcastic-at times. I also enjoy watching a variety of humorous TV programmes.

However, there is one type of TV series I just don’t get. Well, there is probably a lot more stuff on TV, which I do not get, but only one of these actually bothers me. It’s shows like the Office, Arrested Development and Lovespring International.
I have watched all of these shows at one point or another, and I have tried very hard to understand what is so amazing about them. I tried and I failed.

Actually, it is not so much that I do not get it, but more that I just do not think it is funny. I cannot quite put my finger on it, but something about these TV shows just do not appeal to me.

Why is it that so many of you out there are LOL-ing every time you watch any of these shows? The only response they got from me was some raised eyebrows and the occasional eye roll.

If I had to choose, I guess the one show that I dislike the least is the Office, but only the original British version, not this weird American one. It is not that I do not enjoy American humour per se, it is just that British humour does appeal to me a little more.

Oh well, we cannot all like the same thing I suppose. Still it bugs me. It bugs me, because tons of people I know love these shows and they generally have really good taste. I would hate to think it is not them, but in fact, it is me…

Comments

Anonymous said…
I don't get it either. I have a good sense of humour, i had read some good reviews on arrested development and the office and i did not find it funny at all.
Natazzz said…
Good to know I'm not the only one ;-)