Movies I have seen too many times: Gone in 60 seconds

I have probably watched Gone in 60 seconds at least 50 times. I am not kidding or exaggerating. I have honestly seen this movie so often I know it pretty much by heart.

In case you are wondering if you are really thinking of the right movie: Yes, Gone in 60 seconds is that movie starring Nicholas Cage and the story is all about stealing cars.

I could not care less about cars, or about stealing them. Still, I heart this movie so much. I am not sure why. I do really like Nicholas Cage. Yes, again I am being serious. I have always been strangely fascinated by him.

No! Not in any kind of weird and creepy sexual way, but I have always thought he is really cool. If I were a guy, I would want to be like Nicholas Cage. Or actually, probably not like him personally at all, but like the characters he plays.

The move also stars Angelina Jolie. That of course, also has something to do with why I like this film. Angelina is always a pleasure to watch. Especially when she plays a bit of a bad girl.

Gone in 60 seconds is the kind of movie I pop into the DVD player whenever I don’t feel so well, or are hung over, or when for some other reason I just want to lie on the couch and be entertained.

And it is always entertaining, even though I already know exactly what is going to happen. In fact, the movie never had such an exciting story to begin with. Yet, I love it. It can’t be explained.

Still, I always like to think it is a better choice than some of those chick flick movies like Pretty woman, Bridget Jones’ Diary or Dirty Dancing. Don’t you agree?

Comments