Nobody’s working

Since I’ve been living in this town I have noticed something, that at first I thought I was just imagining, but now I am convinced I am right: Nobody works in this town!

It’s true. Apart from my roommate and the people in the shops, no one seems to have a job around here. Whenever I go out the streets (and buses, and shops, and everywhere really) are filled with old people, stay-at-home mothers, disabled people and lazy dumb white trash.

I am not exaggerating, there honestly are way too many people here that do nothing all day. Yes, I know, for a while that included me too. I am not judging, I am merely observing.

How can a town have so many people that do not work? I am curious just at what keeps this town going.

We probably have the highest rate of disabled carts in the whole country. You know, they are not wheelchairs, but they are like fancy slow scooters for the disabled. There are so many of them in the city centre, sometimes it is hard to get around them.

In fact, they even made a new law now that prohibits more than two of those carts to be at the same place at the same time. I am not joking! That’s because all these old and disabled folk in their little carts are very social.

They used to stop in the middle of the street to chat to each other, totally blocking the streets for everyone else. And well, we couldn’t have that now could we? So now they aren’t allowed to hang in groups anymore, just like juvenile delinquents.

It’s an interesting town to say the least. Can’t wait to get the hell out of here.

Comments

Anonymous said…
We have alot of them were i live (at the bottom of the world) old people in what we call "mobility scooters". They seem to gather on thursday's being pension day, which can make shopping a mission, some of them can go really fast. I've even heard of a old man getting done for drink driving on a mobility scooter, haha.
Natazzz said…
Ah "Mobility scooters", you learn something new every day.