Remakes no one wants to see: V: The movie

Remember V, that 1984 TV series about aliens who were trying to take over the world?

As a little 8-year-old I thought it was one of the scariest things I had ever seen. Aliens who looked like humans, but were not… They could strip off their human skin to reveal their alien lizard like skin.

Or were they part lizard? See, I do not even remember the exact details, just that it seemed unbelievably creepy to me. However, as I have mentioned before, when watching the intro to V now as an adult, I find it hard to understand what I ever thought was creepy about it.

Let alone why it was so enjoyable. It all just looks so very fake and dated. But just as with so many other crap TV shows that look fake and dated now (read: Knight Rider), someone has come up with the brilliant idea to make a movie out of it.

Of course V: the Movie is really what the world is waiting for. C’mon, you had a short-lived mildly successful TV series fourteen years ago that no one has ever been interested in bringing back to life before. No one cares about seeing this in the movie theatre, apart from those few folks who watched the series as a kid and hope it can bring back some fond memories of being scared yet intrigued.

Just let it go!

Comments

nycrouge said…
"As a little 8-year-old I thought it was one of the scariest things I had ever seen."

OMG ME TOO! Sorry for the all caps, but I was 6-years-old so the scary factor was amplified like 14,000%. Especially when the lady peeled away her face.

Perhaps this explains why I am in therapy now.