Walking funny with…

I’m not a very sportive person. That is probably the understatement of the year. I really cannot stand most sports, especially if they involve teams, balls or worse, both.

The thing is though, you have to exercise. It’s good for you, it’s healthy and it prevents you from becoming the kind of person who needs two seats on a plane. Blah blah blah.

It’s not even that I dislike exercise. In fact, you can get me to do just about anything as long as you can convince me it is not a sport. I’m weird that way. A bigger problem I have is that of lack of motivation.

Sure, I want to exercise, but I am just too lazy to get my ass of the couch. At least, that is the way it used to be. Then I started thinking I really should be getting more exercise. Thinking let to contemplating and I was almost there.

What finally made me get off my lazy bum was this Vlog by comedian Jenny McNulty called Walking funny with. In it she and her guest, which is usually a queer comedian or sports person go on a walk while she interviews them.

Not only that, but she also tries to encourage the viewers to walk more. I enjoyed her vlog from the start, but to be honest at first I just let her talk. I wanted to start walking, but I wasn’t just going to stand up and walk at my desk. So I started thinking I should go out to walk, but the weather kept being bad.

Weeks went by with Jenny telling me I should just go out and walk. So finally one day I did. It has been a few weeks and I am still walking. Every night I leave my apartment and walk for an hour. Sometimes alone, and sometimes I’m with my roommate.
It’s great, I should have done it much sooner. Who would have thought I actually enjoy walking. Thanks, Jenny.

Comments