YouTube Thursday: Pinkpop 1996

Ever wondered what I got up to twelve years ago? Well, probably not, but I am going to tell you anyway. I used to love to spend my time going to music festivals. I was heavy into anything then termed “alternative” or indie if you will.

These days we would just call it guitar rock I guess, but back in 1996 it was all kinda new. New and exciting. I thought it was just me being nostalgic, but then I decided to look up some of the line up of one of the Dutch festivals I visited that year: Pinkpop.

Radiohead, Bush, K’s Choice, Alanis Morissette, Skunk Anansie, the Gathering, Rage Against the Machine, Therapy, Supergrass, Sepultura, and well, a few others.

How awesome is that line up? Very. Even awesomer is that I was there. As a very naive and probably very stoned 19 year old. Oh those were the days.

I still love most of the performances I watched that summer 12 years ago. Curious what you missed? Check out some of the actual performances right here:

K's Choice and Skin: Not an addict


Bush: Bomb


The Gathering-Strange machines


Radiohead: Creep


Alanis Morissette: You oughta know


Skunk Anansie: Weak


Therapy: A moment of Clarity

Comments