That’s a very feminine handbag

I heart my straight female friends, I really do. The only problem is that most of them are so damn girly. There is nothing wrong with that of course, if only they could just accept the fact that I am not like that.

Most of them I have known since college, so you would think by now they would know that I do not enjoy: dressing up, make up, facials, glitters, shiny things, bright colours, slumber parties, chick flicks, dancing, boys, Johnny Depp (that’s one they truly refuse to believe), shopping, hand bags, skirts, dresses, pantyhose, high heels, decorative anything, plants, flowers, wellness weekends (or any other place where complete strangers either have to see you naked or touch you and not in a sexy way), chocolate (yes, really), perfume, nail polish or any combination of these things.

(I’m pretty sure there’s even more that I have forgotten about).


Not pretty

My sister isn’t much better. Not only does she refuse to accept that I do not like any of the above, she also keeps trying to convince me to purchase stuff from the above list. I think it freaks her out a little that my taste in most things is exactly the same as her boyfriend.

I’m not sure I get why this freaks her out. I know she does not like it when I want things that are not girly or feminine, especially if she deems them ugly. But what is the problem, really? I mean, it never bothers me the way she keeps buying all this horrible bright and shiny girly crap.

Pretty


The other day we were in a shoe shop where I really liked almost every shoe they had and she managed to point to the only pair that I hated. It was a black sneaker with a bright shiny white/silver stripe on the side. Seriously?

At least she was making an effort by dragging me into that shop with “guys’ shoes”. That is more than I can say about a friend of mine who recently proclaimed in all seriousness and surprise: “That’s a very feminine handbag!” Meaning, what the hell happened to you? Is there hope yet?

*Shakes head*

Comments

Heh. My mother sometimes still tries to get me to do something girly, everyone else has long since given up.