If there was a cure for homosexuality…

As most of you probably know, I write for this website called Helium (You should know about this site by now, I plug it often enough). There are tons of different types of subjects I write about, including LGBT issues.

Some of the titles are very crinch worthy, but I always try to write to them just so there is a more even balance of articles. Below is part of the article I wrote about curing homosexuality. Do check out some of the other entries.

I cannot believe people actually have the nerve to start their articles with “First of all, let me say that I believe the act of homosexuality is wrong and a sin. Notice I said the ACT of, not homosexuals. People need to understand that you can like someone or even love someone but hate the things they do.”

Yeah, right. This is the sort of person I would very much like to punch in the face. Twice.

Anyways, here’s what I wrote:

“I guess that I should take offense to this title, but instead I am going to be a good sport and play along. If there was a cure for homosexuality, I would not want to know anything about it. The fact that I am gay is a core part of who I am and I would not change it, even if I could.

Changing it would make me a totally different person than I am now. Not only that, but I actually enjoy being gay. I love women and I think they are amazing creatures. Why would I possibly choose to fall in love with and share the rest of my life with a man instead?

Some people believe that life is so much easier when you are straight. I guess in some ways this is true. If you are part of a majority (in this case heterosexual people) and fit in nicely with the normal average folks, you are likely to experience less aversion and you will have less obstacles thrown in your way, than when you deviate from the norm.

However, I cannot say my life as a lesbian has been all that difficult. Moreover, I bet there are plenty of straight people who will tell you that their life has not been all that easy either. Life is hard anyways, so you might as well be yourself and live it the way that makes you happy.”


Read the entire article here.

Comments