Movies I have seen too many times: Silence of the Lambs

Who hasn’t seen this movie? I think by now it can probably be considered to be a classic. After all, 1991 when the movie came out, is already 17 years ago. Where did the time go? I loved this movie when it first came out. In fact, it totally freaked me out.

C’mon, don’t tell me you did not think this movie was scary? Or if you really did not, I refuse to believe you weren’t creeped out by Buffalo Bill with his crazy body suit he was building out of women’s skin and the dry well he kept his victims in.

Did you guys know that the girl he had trapped in the well in his house is no other than Grey’s Anatomy’s Dr. Erica Hahn? I bet she never could have predicted standing there screaming her lungs out in a weirdos basement, that 17 years later she’d be making out with Sara Ramirez.

Life has some fun and interesting turns sometimes.
What is that you are saying, you have never heard of Silence of the Lambs? Seriously? Silence of the lambs is the famous and award-winning 1991 psychological thriller, based on the book by Thomas Harris.

It tells the story of Clarice Starling (played by Jodie Foster), a young FBI trainee, who is asked to seek advice from the imprisoned serial killer Hannibal Lecter (played by Anthony Hopkins) on catching another serial killer named Buffalo Bill.

Even though this movie looks a little dated, it is still one of my favourite thrillers. This movie tells a great story, and the entire time it is both captivating and suspenseful. I think this might possibly be one of Jodie Foster’s greatest roles ever.
It is the Jodie Foster movie. At least, it was the one that made me love her. Or want to be her, to be more precise.

What’s your favourite Jodie Foster movie?

Comments