TV series you should own on DVD: Chuck

For the last few days I have been marathoning episodes of Chuck and I can happily (or unhappily, depending how you look at it) say that I’ve almost made it through 2 whole seasons. I simply love this show.

Why? I am not quite sure. I mean, it is fun and entertaining and has a decent enough plot. But it is not the best show I have ever seen (Read it is not Fringe or Battlestar Galactica or even Six Feet Under). Far from it.


There’s many things wrong with this show. For example, those dumb geeks at the Buy More annoy the hell out of me. I mean, I can appreciate a nice geek, but no one in real life is anything like those losers who work there, right? Well, I hope not.

So yeah, some of the storylines are a little stupid, especially involving the Buy More employees....or Awesome the boyfriend, even though I love the fact that they call him awesome.

Ok perhaps I should explain for those of you who don’t know the show. It’s basically about this guy Chuck who is a big geek who works at Buy More and by accident ends up with all the CIA secrets in his head . So he is like a human computer.

Now his life changes drastically as it is spend helping out the CIA with solving all kinds of crimes, all the while trying to keep his cover that he’s just a boring tech geek. It’s a nice premise, it’s got lots of fun geeky stuff and crime and action.

Add the fact that Sarah Walker the woman he’s working with/is protecting him is extremely hot, it makes for nice watching. Actually, even though I think she’s a hottie I just really like her character (although I did not buy at all that she used to be a big loser in high school). I also think she has great chemistry with Chuck.

I also love the Casey guy – Alec Baldwin always plays guys like that and it’s fun. At least I think so. But the main reason why I am watching is because of Chuck. I love that guy, not sure why but there’s something very likeable about him.


So there you have it. I like this show and I wish there were 10 more seasons. Give it a chance if you haven’t already, I greatly recommend it.

Comments

Spoil Myself said…
this is freaking me out ;) I swear, I didn't read your post before posting mine.

I guess you pretty much described what I can not really explain so far. But then, I've only watched about 10 episodes *g